Saturday, March 15, 2008

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Author: Drew Karpyshyn
Format: Print

For some reason I got really excited about this book. A whole history before the start of the Star Wars films really intrigued me. I read this book very quickly which is unusual for me to do, usually I set printed books (as opposed to audio) down for a while then pick them up from time to time. This book though had me so interested and excited about the plot that I used mostly every free moment I had last week to read it. Needless to say at this point, the book was great! It was amazing how in the beginning of the novel I established a connection with the character, I understood him and could empathize with him. Then, I hung on to this connection with him even in spite of the horrific things that he did. I had to take a moment to "snap out of it." Had I fallen to the dark side? Bane's transition certainly made a lot more sense to me than Annakin's, Annakin's allegiance seemed to come out of the blue even though it was clear how Palpatine was playing him. I also like how even though it takes place about 1000 years before the movies a clear connection is made between this novel and the movies.

Favorite line: "Did your master give you that lightsaber when he died?" "No I killed him and took it." Those silly sith make me chuckle.

No comments: